Saturday 23 December 2006

Am changing festive to restive

Living in a city that considers crime a career path, it seems quite alright to live life on your own terms. Today is the day before Christmas. I have bought the presents, stocked up on mince pies and accepted the invitations. It's hard work doing Christmas when you are Jewish. Attendance of Midnight Mass is always such a huge question mark. Now all I have to work out is how I am going to pay the therapist to deal with my identity issues.

Today I am supposed to be at a braai. Ok a bring and braai. These days with every person brandishing their own intolerance, illness and general food lifestyle choice, a bring your own is the only solution.

But I don't want to goooooooooooooooooooooo. (Input whining.)

I am tirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrred. (Add foot stamping.)

I love my friends but life in the work lane means I just have enough energy to fill my bowl with cornflakes before I hit the computer again. Anything more is just a luxury.

Although there is the guilt. How to explain my state of non-compliance? Guilt may just be the factor that drives me. I am not sure I would ever engage in much were it not for that double-edged sword.

Now all I need to contemplate is how I am going to clean the house (Maria is on vacation. I don't have enough tissues to tell you the impact.), wash myself and then drive over to the braai. Oh yes. And brush my hair. Ok forget the last. There's a limit.

No comments: